Prosthodontist Delray Beach: Meet Dr. Nicholas Goetz
Dr. Nicholas Goetz is a maxillofacial prosthodontist located in Delray Beach, Florida and is part of a select group of 150 specialists in the US. Upon graduation from University of California Los Angeles, he worked for the US Army and the Veteran Affairs as a civilian Maxillofacial Prosthodontist.
His extensive dental experience ranges from the simplest of general dentistry procedures, to complex oral rehabilitations with implant and traditional prosthetics.
Dr. Goetz recently moved to Delray Beach with his beautiful wife Holly and their son Westin. He’s a Gators fan, and loves water sports and dirt bike riding.
Dr. Nicholas Goetz is very excited for the opportunity to bring all his clinical knowledge and skills to Southeast Florida, and provide patients the level of care they deserve.
After majoring in in Food Science & Human Nutrition, Dr. Goetz attended the University of Florida College of Dentistry, where he graduated in the top ten percent of his graduating class.
During graduation, Dr. Goetz was presented with two honorary awards:
– The L.D. Pankey Institute Award for Excellence in Periodontology and Fixed Prosthodontics, and
– The American College of Prosthodontists Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Study of Prosthodontics.
Dr. Goetz then joined the University of Florida College of Dentistry Advanced post-graduate Prosthodontics residency program.
During his three-year residency program, Dr. Goetz earned a Master of Science degree, while training diligently to become proficient with the rehabilitation of the most complex dental cases, utilizing the most advanced dental technologies provided.
In addition, Dr. Goetz was surgically trained during his residency in the placement of dental implants and bone grafting techniques. Dr. Goetz had the opportunity to train with some of the top oral surgeons in the state during his residency.
Upon completion of his advanced training, Dr. Goetz then decided to pursue a subspecialty of Prosthodontics, known as Maxillofacial Prosthodontics. Dr. Goetz completed his Maxillofacial Prosthodontic fellowship at the University of California Los Angeles. Maxillofacial prosthodontics is a very elite sub-specialty of prosthodontics, that deals with the treatment of patients with various forms of head and necks cancers and post-surgical cancer resections of the upper and lowers jaws, as well as eyes, ears & nose.
Upon his completion of his advanced training in the specialties of Prosthodontics and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, Dr. Goetz wanted to practice in an area in which he felt he could give back and help patients devoted to helping all of us. As a result, he began his post education career with the United States Army. At that time, Dr. Goetz served as a civilian maxillofacial prosthodontist treating active duty service members of the United States Army and Air Force.
Following two years of work, Dr. Goetz was recruited by the James A. Haley Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Tampa, Florida. For the past two years Dr. Goetz has devoted his clinical knowledge and skills to the veterans of our armed forces.
Dr. Goetz continues his strong drive and appreciation, for the continued education and knowledge in his field. With continued active affiliation and involvement with the American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), The Florida Prosthodontic Association, and the International Team for Implantology (ITI).
Now with the support of his amazing and talented wife, Dr. Holly Trinh, and their 9-month-old son Westin, Dr. Goetz is very excited to have the opportunity to bring all his clinical knowledge and skills, to provide the patients of the Southeast Florida with the most advanced and comprehensive dentistry they deserve.
We look forward for the opportunity to earn your trust and respect while providing you the ability to achieve your perfect smile.
Dr. Nicholas E. Goetz, DMD, MS
Nicholas Evans Goetz, DMD, MS
Licensed Dentist – DN 19346
A Strong Educational Background
University of California Los Angeles
2014-2015 Certificate in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics Los Angeles, California
Scope of experience:
- Intra-oral restoration of post surgical head and neck cancer patients
- Maxillary Obturators for hard and soft palate defects, Mandibular resection appliances, Implant as- sisted and implant supported maxillofacial prosthesis, speech aides; palatal lift and palatal drop ap- pliances
- Extra-oral facial prosthesis for the correction of post surgical defects, congenital malformations and traumas
- Orbital, Nasal, Auricular and Mid-facial defects
- Implant assisted facial prosthesis
- Treatment of cleft-lip and palate patients
- Nasal Alveolar Molding – (NAM) appliances
- Pre & Post Radiation/Chemo-radiation dental evaluation and treatment
- Pre-radiation/chemo-radiation dental evaluations and clearances
- Fabrication of radiation stents; tongue depressors, lateral tongue deviators, facial tissue compen- sators
- Fabrication of fluoride stents
- Traditional and implant prosthetics for post radiation patients
University of Florida College of Dentistry Graduate Prosthodontics
2011-2014 Masters Degree Certificate in Prosthodontics Gainesville, Florida
Scope of experience:
- Conventional complete maxillary & mandibular removable prosthetics
- Partial maxillary & mandibular removable prosthetics
- Traditional fixed crown & bridge prosthetics
- Full gold restorations, metal ceramic, lithium disilicate (e.Max), zirconium oxide
- Digital fixed restorations
- CEREC Blue-cam milled & crystalized lithium disilicate (e.Max) restorations
- MZ100 Composite milled provisionals
- Implant fixed crown & bridge, implant assisted & implant supported complete restorations
- Locator assisted maxillary and mandibular over-dentures
- Metal-Acrylic fixed complete denture
- Immediate placement & immediate loading
- Lithium disilicate fixed complete denture
- Digital implant planning with radiographic guides & surgical guides
- Printed guided implant surgical guides
- Personal surgical experience: Surgical placement of dental implants and minor grafting surgeries
- Placed dental implants; Straumann, Dentsply (Astra) & Biohorizons
- Completed lateral window modified Caldwell-luc sinus lift
- Minor facial/buccal implant patch grafts with autogenous, allograft and xenograft materials
- Dental extractions with site/ridge preservation
- Treatment of post-surgical cleft-lip and palate patients
- Treatment of congenital dental defect patients; amelogenesis imperfecta
- Multidisciplinary treatment planning and case work with fellow specialties; Oral surgery, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics & Endodontics
University of Florida College of Dentistry
2007-2011 D.M.D. Gainesville, Florida
University of Florida
2003-2005 B.S Food Science and Human Nutrition Gainesville, Florida
James A. Haley Veterans Affairs Medical Center
GS 15-1 Maxillofacial Prosthodontist
US Army Fort Riley DENTAC
GS 13-2 Maxillofacial Prosthodontist
University of Florida College of Dentistry Department of Graduate Prosthodontics
University of Florida College of Dentistry Department of Graduate Pedodontics
Case Presentations/Clinical Instruction/Research
Full-mouth rehabilitation with immediate loaded implants inserted with computer-guided surgery
Geneva, Switzerland (April 24-26, 2014)
Influence of the operator on the amount of energy delivered by two different curing units
Chicago, Illinois (2014)
Use of Implants to Retain Facial Prostheses: The UCLA Experience
Xi’an, China (September 15-17, 2014)
VA XRT Stent Fabrication Options (April 2017)
James A. Haley VA Medical Center Radiation Oncology
Implant Assisted Dental Prostheses (November 2015)
Manhattan Oral Surgery & Implant Center Study Club
Treatment Planning For Radiation Patients (April 2015)
Kasier Perminate Radiation Oncology
A Novel Approach In The Treatment of AI Utilizing CAD/CAM Technology (August 2013)
Florida Prosthodontic Association
UFCD Undergraduate Lecture Presentations (April 2013)
- From provisional to impression – Implant provisional fabrication & impressions techniques
- CR records and Occlusal appliances
- CBCT guided implant surgery utilizing the Facilitate software
Project Title: Energy Requirements Of Light Activating Resin Cements As AFunction Of CAD/CAM Material Properties: A Tested Mathematical Model
Mentors: Jean-Francois Roulet, DDS, Chiayi Shen, Ph.D
Project Title: In-Vitro Success of Amalgam Restorations Repaired with Amalgam
Mentors: Chiayi Shen, Ph.D. and Rosalia Rey, DDS. Senior Year Dental School 2011
International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation ISMR Xi’an Conference on Maxillofacial Rehabilitation
- Xi’an, China (September 15-17, 2014)
ITI World Symposium
- Geneva, Switzerland (April 24-26, 2014)
Frank Spear Instutute
- Mastery Level Treatment Planning (September 2011)
- Demystifying Occlusion (September 2011)
William Martin & James Ruskin
- Continuum In Implant Dentistry (June 2012 – January 2013)
Mish International Implant Institute
- Surgical Sessions I-V (February 2013-September 2013)
- Global Symposium (April 2013)
- Extraction Site Management For Implant Reconstruction (November 2012)
- Advanced Surgical Cadaver Course (September 2012)
- A Philosophy For The Treatment Of The Edentulous Patient Course (January 2012)
- Cadaver Sinus Augmentation Course
University of Florida College of Dentistry Continuing Education
- Edward Mclaren – Smile Analysis And Digital Design (March 2012)
- Immediate Functional Loading of Dental Implants (May 2009)
- Pharmacology-Drugs, Herbals and Nutraceuticals (October 2009)
- Spring Synergy Weekend—Celebration of Science (April 2010)
Zamikoff, Klement & Jungman, D.D.S., P.A.
Participated in week-long externship at Prosthodontics-Based Private Practice in Bradenton Florida (March 2010)
- The American College of Prosthodontists Award
For outstanding undergraduate achievement in the study of prosthodontics
- L.D. Pankey Institute Award
For professional excellence in periodontology and fixed prosthodontics
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Florida Dental Association (FDA)
- American College of Prosthodontist (ACP)
- International Team For Implantology (ITI)
- Dirt bike riding
Life South 5 Points of Life
- A program aimed at raising awareness of the five ways to share life with others through blood, apheresis, bone marrow, umbilical cord blood and organ and tissue donation.
- Volunteered for the 5 points of life marathon two-day event each Spring from 2007 through 2010.
We Care Dental Clinic
- Program affiliated with UFCD directed towards helping provide free dental care to the residents of Alachua County with support from Santa Fe College facilities.
- After school volunteer dental care. Senior Summer Semester 2010
Ask Your Prosthodontist
Prosthodontist Delray Beach FAQ
What is a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist?
Prosthodontics is a dental specialty aimed at replacing and restoring missing teeth. A maxillofacial prosthodontist is a specialist who can treat dental problems that concern missing teeth and its surrounding tissues.They can also perform treatments that involve a damaged jaw structure. Prosthodontists are trained to perform a wide range of restorative procedures. These may include implants, crowns, bridges, dentures and partial dentures, among others. Prosthodontist can perform these procedures giving your teeth back their functionality and aesthetics in the most effective way. They are also highly trained in cosmetic dentistry.
Why Should I Choose a Prosthodontist?
You should choose a Prosthodontist to make sure your oral care is treated by the most skilled professional. Upon graduation, prosthodontists take a three-year postgraduate training. That means they get intensive education in dental restoration, functionality and aesthetics. Prosthodontists can perform cosmetic procedures with a solid professional basis as they are recognized by the American Dental Association.
Will a Prosthodontist Accept My Dental Insurance?
You can definitely use your dental insurance. If you have a PPO plan, you will be able to get your treatments and have your reimbursement directly sent home. Ours is a fee-for service office, meaning that you pay upfront at the time of service, and our helpful staff will do all the paperwork to help you get the most of your insurance. It is good to know that PPO plans allow you to go out-of-network and choose your own dental provider.
How Is a Prosthodontist Different from Other Dentists or Specialists?
A prosthodontist can perform all the same dental procedures as a general dentist. The difference is that, due to their advanced training, prosthodontists can also perform more complex treatments concerning missing teeth. Prosthodontists complete the regular four years of dental training plus three years of specialization in tooth restoration. This advanced education allows them to perform general dentistry treatments in addition to more complex treatments involving implants, crowns, bridges and dentures. Prosthodontists have the training and knowledge to provide your teeth both excellent functionality and aesthetics.
Is a Prosthodontist Affordable?
If you just need general dentistry services, a prosthodontist can perform check-ups, cleanings and regular fillings. The cost of these general services may be the same as those you get from any other dentist. If your dental insurance plan allows you to go out- of- network, you can get your treatments and enjoy the benefits of your dental plan for an out- of-network provider. Now, if you need to restore or replace missing teeth, don’t forget that in dentistry you get what you pay for. Your prosthodontist will guide you on procedures that meet your needs and your budget, but remember that high quality materials mean more durability and strength. In the long run, this means less money, time (and headaches!) wasted in the future.
Does a Prosthodontist Perform General Dentist Services?
Yes. A prosthodontist can perform general dentistry procedures such as checkups, cleanings, fillings or fixing cavities. They can do this and more. Specialized training give prosthodontists the knowledge and expertise to perform more complex treatments when missing teeth need to be replaced. These complex treatments generally include dentures (full or partial), implants, crowns and bridges.