Cosmetic Teeth Whitening
Like many people, you may feel unhappy with the color of your teeth. Maybe you have even tried over-the-counter bleaching products with little to no success. You need an effective way to remove the stains that give your teeth that dull, yellow appearance. With the ZOOM® whitening system, you can achieve that brilliant smile you have been dreaming of!
There are many causes of tooth discoloration. These include:
- Stains from tobacco, coffee, tea, soda, red wine, berries, or any food or drink with dark pigmentation
- Plaque and tartar deposits
- Use of the antibiotic Tetracycline during childhood (this creates dark “ribbons” of color)
- Ingestion of excess fluoride while teeth are forming (this gives teeth a “mottled” look)
- Trauma to the mouth and teeth, which can cause yellow, brown, and gray spots
- The natural aging process
The ZOOM® Whitening System
ZOOM® whitening is a safe, effective way of making your smile brighter and whiter in just one hour! This simple procedure is started by placing protective covers over your lips and gums. We then apply the whitening gel on the surface of your teeth, which is specially formulated to be used with the ZOOM® light. Together they gently break up stains and discoloration. The gel is allowed to set for 15 minutes at a time, with three applications, for a total treatment time of 45 minutes. During this time you can sit back and relax, watch some television, or listen to music. At the end of the procedure, we will compare your tooth color to the beginning shade. You will immediately see the difference the ZOOM® whitening system makes for your smile. Call us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about ZOOM® whitening!